Augustus Whitney's Civil War Pension File Came. Hooray!

I have a computer again. Hooray! And on top of that ...guess what came yesterday in the mail? My 2nd great grand uncle's civil war pension file arrived. What a wonderful surprise. You know I have been reading that thing like it's going out of style in between the kids yelling, Mom this and Mom that. Kids can't you wait just a second...this is genealogy. This is serious business. LOL. Well just as a refresher to who I am talking about, Augustus Whitney was the older brother of Samuel Whitney (b.1856--d.1916) He served with Company D of the 35th Regiment of the United States Colored Troops. Lots of good stuff here. Anyway, I know I said in my last post that I would talk about the parents of Sarah J. Harris Whitney however, in light of recent events I think we will save that post for a later date. I have to get kids to bed but I am so looking forward to writing something about Augustus tomorrow.

Comments

  1. You build us up for all the excitement and then you make us wait!!! LOL! It must be some good stuff!!! Look forward to your post and I am so glad that your computer is up and running now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your writing journey about Augustus. Welcome back to computer world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to see a fellow blogger working on the USCT Civil War Pension Files of their ancestor! I've been diverted into a different portion of my research for the book, but will get back on the Pension File again. I'm looking forward to reading what you've discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of you when I received the file in the mail because I enjoyed your posts about Isaac Carter. I have to thank you for being the push to finally make the order. Thanks and continued good luck with your research.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020