Thank Goodness I Began My Blog --Part three

If you missed my last two posts, you will want to read those first before beginning this one. Here are the links to those posts. Thankful Thursday: Thank Goodness I Began My Blog --Part one and Thank Goodness I Began My Blog --Part two


So now you know about my new found cousin. Amazing things can happen when you least expect them.  After Rudi and I connected at the end of September we have been in contact via email. My unexpected trip to Morehead City and New Bern due to the death of my Aunt Rosa, allowed me an opportunity to finally get a picture of Rudi's father. You see, he had never seen a picture of him. I can't even imagine going through life not knowing what your father looked like. I had a wonderful visit with my Aunt Carrie who is a sister of my grandfather Lemuel Harrison. She was so sweet to share images that I had never seen before of the family. Here is one of my cousin Rudi's father.

Rudolph Henry Harrison
(born 1930--died April 1966)

Here's another picture. This one is of my cousin on his wedding day to the lady with the lovely Irish accent.


Rudi and Sheila
I love finding family!

Comments

  1. Wow!!!!! Congrats on finding a new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, isn't it? Congrats on the new cousin!! I had a similar story awhile ago after publishing the obituary of my father-in-laws sister. Blogs are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing Kristin. Thanks to both of you, Kristin and Debi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so much like his dad it's amazing! Same jaw line same cleft in his chin! I love these kind o stories it warms my heart and his wife is so lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing Victori. That cleft chin is a definitely a Harrison thing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020