Something About Me Saturday: Another Family Getaway --Sackets Harbor

The family and I just returned from a lovely getaway to Sackets Harbor, NY. It's a beautiful little village on Lake Ontario. Located just south of the village, is the Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Historic Site which we visited as well. It was a couple of days of lounging on the beach and good eating. To make a long story short, a good time was had by all.

A couple of views from behind our hotel.





On our first evening we ate dinner at our friend Andy Taylor's restaurant, Tin Pan Galley. What wonderful food we had! I had a delicious New York Strip Steak while my husband dined on pan seared sea scallops. We enjoyed live music while we dined outdoors.


My hubby and my daughter.


Our friend Andy is the one standing and playing the guitar.


My son enjoying the music.


My son and I took a walk through the garden behind the restaurant. 
What a lovely place. It is somewhere truly magical.


A statue in the garden.


A goof ball in the garden.


I think my son's goofiness was a bit contagious because the next thing 
I knew I was taking a picture of this statue's back side.


And then a closeup. :)


Here's another statue we saw in the garden.


Some evening views of the harbor.



















Comments

  1. That seems to be a beautiful place! and that's the butt-naked truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos! I enjoyed the vicarious getaway to Sackets Harbor. And especially the picture of your daughter looking at your husband.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020