Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Book Of Me: Prompt 18 --First Present Or Gift

If you are not familiar with this wonderful project that was created by Julie Goucher of the Angler's Rest blog, please refer to this link:  http://www.anglers-rest.net/book-of-me-written-by-you.html

This week’s prompt is First Present or Gift

Can you remember it?
Who bought it for you?
Do you still have it?
Pictures or a description
Other special gifts?

For this prompt, I referred to my baby book for answers. I am so glad my mom took the time to fill out these pages. No I can't remember receiving these things but I think it is really cool to look at who were the people who were there to share in the joy of my parents new arrival --me! :)





Gifts To Welcome Baby

List gifts and from whom


Grandmother Horton -mattress & bumper for crib

Grandmother & dad Murrell outfit to come home for the hospital in. Grandfather & Mother Vadnie, bunting yellow & baby carry seat.
Aunt Rosa, crib sheets & blankets.
Aunt Janice, wool lacy pink dress
Margie Roachford - white wool dress & tights 
Sandra Thomas - pink all in one outfit
Alan Cheeseman - blue & white dress
Miss Westly - green & white blanket
Granddaddy Cecil, - dacron blanket also could be made into a sleeping bag.
2 comb & brush sets

First Christmas


sweater set from Aunt Edna

pink and blue outfit from Aunt Janice
mobile for crib, two outfits Mom Mom Murrell
mobile and red and white outfit -Mom Mom Horton
Mrs. Caroline Dudley, stuffed toys & dolls
blue dress, Aunt Eloise, red & white outfit -Pierce

I am glad I looked over my baby book again. There's a name listed Alan Cheeseman that might be a connection to my paternal grandfather. I think I remember my father telling me about "The Cheesemans" who were friends or cousins to my grandfather who came from Barbados. I will have to ask dad about them. Time to make a phone call :)

Seeing the names listed above certainly makes my heart ache for all those who have passed on.

1 comment:

  1. That is what I was expecting to find in my book! I hope you have luck following the hint about your grandfather's people!

    ReplyDelete