The Book Of Me: Prompt 45 --Comics and Annuals

If you are not familiar with this wonderful project that was created by Julie Goucher of the Angler's Rest blog, please refer to this link: http://www.anglers-rest.net/book-of-me-written-by-you.html.

This week's prompt is - Comics and Annuals

Like many children I whiled away hours reading comics and looking forward to the Christmas annuals that "Santa" bought with a degree of regularity.

So this week a trip down memory lane.
Share the names of the comics and annuals - your favorites, special characters, memories
Pop along to a popular on-line auction site and see what the annuals and comics of yesteryear sell for!

I would say that fairly early on I fell in love with reading the Peanuts comic strip. When I was little, it would be the first thing I would read when the Sunday paper arrived. I think I imprinted early on Snoopy because one of the first stuffed animals I ever received was a Snoopy doll.


See the Snoopy doll? Yeah I was brainwashed. :)

I think another thing that sealed the deal on me loving Peanuts was one of the souvenirs I took back home with me when my family and I visited Washington, D.C.  I must have been about 4 years old and I remember we visited the Smithsonian and somewhere along the way we came across a book store. That's when I saw this. 

Charlie Brown's Super Book of Questions and Answers About All Kinds of Animals by Charles M. Schulz



This book made quite the impression on me. I quickly blew through it and was bugging my parents for the next one in the series. Then I started asking for compilation books of the Peanuts comics just like the ones my older brother had. Of course there were the coloring books too. Yeah, you could say I was a bit obsessed.

On occasion I would receive an Archie comic book. I enjoyed them more when they had Betty and Veronica in the story line. Still, I loved my Peanuts more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020